Cookies!

Good morning and Happy Thursday!

My walk through the neighborhood and up the BIG hill wasn't nearly as bad the second time around, but unfortunately I had to cut it short since it started to rain! It almost never rains here! It got sunny again after 15 minutes but by then I had started the cookies!!

I always use the Nestle Toll House recipe for chocolate chip cookies- nothing special but everyone always loves them!

They don't have a mixer so Chino helped me stir the dough :)


Ta-da! Yumm.

I was SO lucky to be able to even find chocolate chips here; last time I came to Ecuador I had to settle for baking chocolate, which I had to smash into smaller pieces.  It worked but it was a pain in the neck and took much longer.

I brought a plate of cookies to share at lunch with Chino's uncle, aunt, and cousins in Quito...   Mateo and Pablito excitedly tried them and exclaimed them to be "buenazas!", which means really awesome :) I guess they only get chocolate chip cookies when I'm around!

We didn't get back from lunch til nearly 5 pm, and soon after a repairman came to fix a broken TV in the living room.  He brought along his adorable 7 year old daughter, Emily.  She was so sweet and we chatted and played for nearly an hour while her dad worked on the TV.  She rocked at Angry Birds. She was very forgiving with my poor Spanish and it was great practice talking with her- she never laughed at all my mistakes! I need to keep this kid around ;)


Today Chino and I are planning on having lunch in Cumbaya, either at Choris, which serves Argentine-style sausages (pure awesomeness), or Noe, a fabulous sushi bar with the best sushi I've ever tried. I'll keep you posted!

As long as I'm on the topic of food... here's a glimpse of breakfast around here- fresh fruit (papaya in the pic) and cereal.  The milk comes in tetra pak cartons which completely weird me out.  They're unrefrigerated at the store (along with eggs!), and you only refrigerate it after you've opened a carton! Chino's mom keeps at least 6 in the pantry at all times...Very weird. Do we have this in the U.S.??



Anyways, Friday we're going on a double-decker bus tour through the city so I'm sure I'll have some great photos to share with you soon!!

Hasta luego!
xoxo

Comments

  1. ¡Holá muchacha! ¡Esa niña es tan linda! It looks like you are having a good time. I can't believe you've been there almost a week already. Dude think about how many calories you're burning while walking up those hills!!! I'm not gonna lie I keep forgetting you're in a foreign country. I saw that the cereal box and sugar were in Spanish and was wondering where Chino found those in Indiana. Haha.

    I started rehearsal on Monday and it is going amazing! I can't wait for you to come see it when you get back.

    Paris says bring her a papaya haha

    Be safe. !Te echo de menos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ¡Hola Meghan! Haha yes I think my walks are burning some serious calories! It's crazy how sore I feel from WALKING! I can't believe it's been almost a week either! Time flies by too fast :(

      I saw all the Spring Awakening stuff on Facebook! I can't wait to see it either...next time we're having a good internet day (i.e. no one else is home using it...) I'll definitely watch it on YouTube.

      How's work going?? You have to tell me what's happening with those seatbelt ads you made!

      Haha I'm not sure a papaya will make it through customs... ;)

      Los extraño mucho!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts